Psychological Counselling Services
- Addiction Counselling: For individuals who are struggling with addiction and for whom individual counselling may be effective. My therapeutic orientation is informed by integral meta-theory, psychodynamic psychotherapy, philosophy of action, logotherapy, 12-Step philosophy and existential psychology.
- Addiction Counselling for Family Members: I provide support for family members of individuals who are in active addiction or in addiction recovery. I provide education about substance use and its treatment for the whole family and support family members in reducing their unhelpful behaviors and increasing their effective behaviors. I also assist in family interventions.
- Recovery Coaching: In my recovery coaching methodology I assist my clients in developing an Integrated Recovery Program, as outlined in my books An Integral Guide to Recovery and An Integral Foundation for Addiction Treatment.
- Supportive Counselling for Fathers: I provide support for fathers dealing with various issues including parental alienation, custody issues and dealing with narcissistic/borderline personality disordered co-parents. I am primarly informed by Dr. Craig Childress's Attachment-Based Parental Alienation model. Dealing with parental alienation and a narcissistic/borderline co-parent can be an extremely difficult experience, and I provide coping skills and support for those navigating this type of dynamic.
- Trauma Counselling: I am a Registered Counsellor with a specialisation in Trauma Counselling with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA). I provide short term counselling for those that have experienced a traumatic event.
- All my psychological services are offered remotely via Zoom.
- Psychological Counsellor registered by the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA), Registration # PRC 0021490
- The Psychological Society of South Africa (PsySSA), Full Member, Registration # PSY4142
- Member of the Society of Theoretical and Philosophical Psychology, American Psychological Association, Division 24
- Member of the Society for Humanistic Psychology, American Psychological Association, Division 32
- Member of the International Society for Existential Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Affiliate Member of the American Philosophical Practitioners Association
- Member of the National Philosophical Counseling Association
- Member of the Viktor Frankl Institute of South Africa